[mythtv-users] What version of PCI on my mobo?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 00:24:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 9:31 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Its all about voltage support. Originally the PCI slot only supported
> 5V then this turned to only supporting 3V cards. There were a few
> revisions in between that supported both. They did this with keying.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripheral_Component_Interconnect
>
> Also look at the external links for diagrams.

Cool, great info, thanks John.

Looking at a pic of the mobo then (
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07813&lc=en&cc=es&dlc=en&product=362784&dest_page=product
) it certainly looks like it has 3x 32bit PCI slots that run at 5
volts.  And the tuner card will fit as it has keys for both voltages (
http://www.leadtek.com/eng/tv_tuner/overview.asp?lineid=6&pronameid=220
).

I am going to go with a $60 assumption that all is fine and will pick
up one of these cards at lunchtime today.

Thanks for all your help,
Whytey