[mythtv-users] Slow mo channels

Shawn Hamzee hamzee at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 20 00:02:16 UTC 2008

"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:  On 06/18/2008 07:29 AM, Shawn Hamzee wrote:
> I have had mythtv running on my ubuntu 7.10 machine for a while. i get
> great hd pictures on nbc, public tv station, cw and cbs; however, fox
> and abc are not perfect. it appears the pictures is somewhat of a slow
> motion and then it stutters every 2 or 3 seconds also.

Are you running X at 1920x1080? If so, it's probably a scaling issue
(i.e. you're not using Xv because you have a) a broken video driver, or
b) a broken video driver installation, or c) a broken video driver
configuration.

Mike

  Mike,
  I am running the X at 1920x1080 perfectly. I don't think there's a problem in X; otherwise, it would've notified me, wouldn't it?
  I am using ATI's latest proprietary drivers as I said before and everything else looks awesome on my HDMI LCD monitor except the two channels which by the way is said to be broadcasting at 720p.
  What I'd like to know is what can I do to help X to overcome this? I'd imagine there's a xorg.conf setting or option that can help me out.
  Thanks for your comments.