[mythtv-users] What version of PCI on my mobo?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 23:18:14 UTC 2008

After using myth for four years it is time to spread the love and I am
setting up a backend for my brother.

He has a HP Pavillion a340a, which is an old P4 on Intel 845GL chipset.

I am looking for a capture card that does Australian DVB-T, is well
supported by mythbuntu, has on-board MPEG2 encoding and hopefully had
RF pass-through for chaining multiple cards together.

I have seen the Leadtek DTV1000T which is all of the above (though I
am not certain on the onboard encoding given the price) and they are
available for AU60 dollars. The only catch is that they need PCI slots
at version 2.3.

How can I tell what version of PCI this HP motherboard has?

Regards,
Whytey