[mythtv-users] Odd behaviour when a program is scheduled to record by two schedules at once

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Jun 19 21:15:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 11:55:44PM +0100, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 18/06/2008, Nick Craig-Wood <nick at craig-wood.com> wrote:
> >  What happens then is that one program is scheduled to record by two
> >  recording schedules.  What I'd expect to happen is that the high
> >  priority one would win and "House" would definitely be recorded.
> >  However what actually happens is that the low priority recording
> >  schedule wins, and "House" is scheduled to record with a priority of
> >  -4.  This then means that isn't recorded because there are other
> >  recordings of higher priority at the same time which is absolutely not
> >  what I want to happen (my wife will kill me!).
> >
> >  I'm running 0.20.2.svn20071021-0.2 which isn't the latest version, so
> >  perhaps this is fixed in the latest version?
> >
> >  I could perhaps re-number or re-order the recording schedules to get
> >  them to activate in the other order - would that help?

Yes, that would help.  When two schedules match the same program, the
more specific rule generally wins regardless of the priorities.  For example,
 a single recording rule beats a weekly recording rule which in turn betas
a record all on any channel rule.  In your case, both schedules are
record all on any channel so a tie breaker is used and the schedule
which was create earlier wins.  If you recreate your rules in the
opposite order, you should get what you want.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net