[mythtv-users] Freesat, UK and which internal card ?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 22:35:20 UTC 2008

On 18/06/2008, Paul <thannet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Great thanks for the information, although I cannot find mention of the
>  Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 PCI ?
>  Is that the same card ? or a different model ? And does the Nova-S Plus
>  you mention do HD ?

(Please don't top-post)

The Nova-S Plus (DVB-S) supports both BBC HD and ITV HD as these are
broadcast using the DVB-S standard. Newer DVB-S2 cards, whilst
supporting newer and more efficient broadcasting methods, are not yet
well suppored under Linux. Keep track of the Linux TV DVB wiki and
linux-dvb mailing list for progress updates - at the moment I'd
recommend getting a DVB-S card

See http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 for
limited details on that card.

Nick Morrott