[mythtv-users] ticket locking

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Jun 18 19:52:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 15:40 +0200, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> See http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5436
>
> Why is a serious report locked?
> Are we so bored or fed up with users?

Heh, that is a serious report?

Has the IAU discovered Plutoid Delusional in the last few days?

The report was locked because someone reopened it without providing
the requested Valgrind output showing a memory leak. That kind of
juvenile behaviour wastes everyone's time. I can set up MythTV to
use 2-3 GB of memory with just one DVB device. How am I to know the
user hasn't just allocated a bunch of virtual DVB recorders and given
them lots of buffer memory so that they use up a few gigabytes of
RAM after some recordings have cause the buffers to be allocated?

-- Daniel