[mythtv-users] MythTV changing 1080p to 1080i

Ken Scales kscales at xplornet.com
Wed Jun 18 04:30:05 UTC 2008

I've upgraded my video card to an ASUS N7600GS, and after much Googling,
have succeeded in configuring it to bring up a 1920x1080p desktop. My
Sharp LC-42D64U reports that the source is 1080p.  Both vlc and mplayer
will play 1280x720p recordings in a window on the screen, or expand to
fullscreen when selected.  The Sharp continues to report 1080p; all
seems fine.

But when I start up MythTV, the Sharp reports that the source has
changed to 1080i.  I've been unable to find what's triggering MythTV to
change the display resolution.

Is there a file / setting that I haven't been able to locate that MythTV
uses to decide what display resolution to use, causing it to over-ride
the current display mode?

Additional info:  I am currently running Mythbuntu 8.04, but have
disabled ".config/autostart/mythtv.desktop" while I diagnose this
problem.  Also, under Settings / Appearance / Video Mode Settings, I
have "1020x1080" selected under all of: "GUI", "Video Output:", and all
"Output:" settings for "Overrides for specific video sizes".  These all
seem to be working fine, but in 1080i.

Thanks for any suggestions!
/ Ken