[mythtv-users] Easy way to move recordings to another machine?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Jun 18 00:16:01 UTC 2008

Carl Fongheiser <carlfongheiser at gmail.com> says:
> Actually, it's something that 1 storage group can rectify.  If you
> have both master and slave directories in the default storage group
> on both backends, it'll all work without a hitch.

I didn't realize this until recently. That is, I've always had all my
recording directories mounted on the same paths on all my backend
machines, but I didn't realize that I had to create a Default storage
group that includes all the directories on each backend machine in
order for any backend to be able to store to any directory as
needed. I'd previously had a Default storage group on the master
backend only, which the documentation (if I didn't misread it)
indicated/indicates is sufficient for achieving the above.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array