[mythtv-users] via m10000

peter at vanderwal.us peter at vanderwal.us
Tue Jun 17 08:33:46 UTC 2008

> Hey list,  I have recently purchased 2 Epia-m 10000 boards and am
> determined
> to get them up and running as front ends. I have nbeen playing with one
> for
> 4 days now and I still can't seem to figure out why it has skippy
> (stalling
> briefly) playback during liveTv and recordings. Video playback works fine.
>
> I am using the unichrome drivers right now which I think  were a little
> improvement over the open chrome drivers that were selected by default.

Please ignore my previous post, my info was out of date.

I did find this page:
http://www.logicsupply.com/blog/2007/11/06/linux-the-unichrome-families-part-2/

Which indicates that the Unichrome driver doesn't support XvMC, or at
least it didn't as of last November.

I'm guessing you still see the XvMC option in Mythtv because it expects
you to use the default driver.