[mythtv-users] OT: 32bit or 64bit OS

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 19:44:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Damian <damian at gingermagic.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm about to get a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.50GHz and do a
> clean install.
> Would you install the 32bit or 64bit version of Ubuntu (or I guess any
> Linux flavour)

At work I have been running 64bit gentoo linux since 2004 on all of my
64 bit x86 machines. At home I run 64 bit gentoo on my main mythtv box
since 2006. The only problems I have had with this is that flash has
not worked well but there is always the option to run the 32 bit
firefox under the 64 bit os and flash works a lot better in this
situation.

John