[mythtv-users] Can't transcode DVB-T radio

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Mon Jun 16 10:17:35 UTC 2008

2008/6/16 lists_mythtv_users <lists_mythtv_users at bigpizza.co.uk>:
> I used to be able to transcode them in 0.20.2 which would greatly reduce
> the filesize of a 2 hour show (reduced from 1.4GB to ~370MB).
> Transcoding of radio shows always fails now in 0.21.  Transcoding also
> had the advantage of being lossless whereas the dvbradioexport.pl
> decodes the original recording and re-encodes it.  Not the end of the
> world but if I can avoid a re-encode I'd prefer to.

Transcode is probably just compressing the blank frames that are
broadcast along side the audio, if you extract just the audio then
you'll get the same results. I get about 350mb for a 2hr Radio 1
program (iirc).

I've put the script I use on the wiki[1], it extracts the MP3 stream
with ffmpeg and dumps it in a folder of your choice.

[1] http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Nik_Doof/AutoAudio

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/