[mythtv-users] Can't watch TV

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 16:42:02 UTC 2008

On 15/06/2008, Mir Islam <mislam at mirislam.com> wrote:
>  Although looks like using /usr/bin/scan and using mplayer to view it, I
>  am picking up more channels than Myth's scanner. Any idea why would that be?

(Please don't top-post).

The channel scanner in MythTV allows you to rescan existing digital
transports. You may find that, after a full channel scan which is
missing some channels, opting to rescan the existing transports found
during the initial channel scan results in finding more channels
overall.

I'm not aware of a reason why scan should find more channels than the
internal MythTV scanner. However, you should be able to import a good
channels.conf file generated by scan if the internal scanner fails to
find all of your available channels.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: