[mythtv-users] Question about fonts

peter at vanderwal.us peter at vanderwal.us
Sat Jun 14 15:51:53 UTC 2008

I'm having some problems with fonts in Mythdora.

Apparently in Fedora 8 they decided to quit using the X Font Server.  No
problem, I'm all for reducing the load on the processor.  So I added
fontpaths for most of the fonts I could find on my system (not a lot)

Problem is the fonts now look like crap, Myth is using a skinny san-serif
type of font.
I checked the settings and it's supposed to deafult to a font called
FreeMono.ttf, only thing is I don't seem to have that font on my system.
Is this the right font?  If it is, any idea where I get it from?
If not which font should I use?
Which ones should I have loaded in xorg.conf?

FWIW the font directories I've found on my system that I've got in xorg.conf:

/usr/share/X11/fonts/100dpi
/usr/share/X11/fonts/75dpi
/usr/share/X11/fonts/encodings
/usr/share/X11/fonts/misc