[mythtv-users] MythTV on AppleTV

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 20:02:57 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Jun 14, 2008, at 12:11 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:
>>> I've now verified s-video output. Works like a champ. Details are
>>> here (http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/wiki/atvdisplay)
>>> towards the bottom
>>> So to review, The AppleTV can be configured to output four video
>>> output formats.
>>> 1) HDMI
>>> 2) Component
>>> 3) S-Video (needs s-video to dual RCA cable)
>>> 4) Composite (standard composite RCA video cable)
>> Sounds great that you can just connect the green to composite.
>> If I was to purchase an Apple TV today, and to use for MythTV, which
>> model should I choose? Is it advantageous to purchase the one with the
>> larger HDD? (which seems to be the only difference, is that true?)
> If it's just a frontend, there's no need to get the larger hard drive
> since you won't be storing any media on it. If you plan on dual-
> booting with the Apple TV OS and storing media on it, you should go
> for the larger one.

I wasn't thinking of dual booting, just myth. Is dual-booting easy to
do? What advantageous are there besides paying iTunes for movies? ;-)
I suppose you can't stream netflix movies yet. If Netflix gets it
together and adds Apple browsers to stream that would be nice (if they
haven't already)

Brad Fuller