[mythtv-users] Switching between Mythtv and Amarok

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sat Jun 14 15:06:45 UTC 2008

Michael

Thank you for responding!

After reading your message, and following through on your suggestions, I
discovered that I had two .lircrc files, one seemingly autogenerated by
Mythbuntu on install, the other left over from my previous installation.
I made one a symlink to the other and now I have a little better
functionality. However...

> Are you really selecting Amarok via the frontend menu or are you pushing
> the "Music" button on your remote (as configured below)?  There's a
> /huge/ difference

The status now is that they are both weird.

If I select the entry on the front end menu, Amarok starts, but the
MythTV interface screen stays up so I can't see Amarok.
By the way, all I did to get the Amarok entry in the menu was add the
following to the mainmenu.xml file:
<button>
<type>MUSIC</type>
<text>Amarok</text>
<action>EXEC amarok</action>
</button>

If I start Amarok with the "Music" button on my remote, for some reason
two instances of Amarok are started. Weird.

Any suggestions on either of those issues?

--
Dave M G