[mythtv-users] HDMI Audio out on MSI Meda Live

GyroTech gyrotech at freakinabox.com
Sat Jun 14 06:39:01 UTC 2008

Hi all
I'm running Mythbuntu on an MSI Media Live PC and am trying to get audio
out working via the HDMI connector. I have been to the mythtv wiki and
followed instructions there
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MSI_Media_Live) being install
version 1.61 of the BIOS and disable 8ch output there, as well as
setting mythtv to ALSA:spdif output.
When I connect a set of normal speakers up to the front panel output I
get sound just fine so I know that much is working. I don't have another
other HDMI devices to test with so I can't know if it's the cable but
I've been told that any HDMI cable will carry audio as long as the
source outputs the audio.

So if anyone has any pointers on where to start for me to diagnose and
solve this, let me know...

Thanks,

GT