[mythtv-users] How to clean out recordings directory?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Jun 13 23:35:32 UTC 2008

On Jun 13, 2008, at 4:23 PM, The GUIGuy wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> It says right on the page "myth.find_orphans.pl is a perl script in
>> the contrib directory..."
> Sorry to draw you into this, Brad, but the file isn't in my /contrib
> directory. I'm doing a second search of the box now to make doubly
> sure.
>  Google seems to confirm that others have a similar issue.
> I'm using mythbuntu 8.04

I have no idea where mythbuntu keeps its contrib directory. I use
Fedora on my backend.

You can always pull down scripts from svn, but you need to be aware if
they work with whatever version you have installed.
There are options at the bottom of the page to download the script in
plain text or original format (which actually is plain text).

I would run the script with the --dryrun option so you can see what it
plans on deleting before it actually does anything.