[mythtv-users] How to clean out recordings directory?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Jun 13 23:35:32 UTC 2008

On Jun 13, 2008, at 4:23 PM, The GUIGuy wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> It says right on the page "myth.find_orphans.pl is a perl script in
>> the contrib directory..."
>
> Sorry to draw you into this, Brad, but the file isn't in my /contrib
> directory. I'm doing a second search of the box now to make doubly
> sure.
>  Google seems to confirm that others have a similar issue.
>

> I'm using mythbuntu 8.04

I have no idea where mythbuntu keeps its contrib directory. I use
Fedora on my backend.

You can always pull down scripts from svn, but you need to be aware if
they work with whatever version you have installed.
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/maintenance/myth.find_orphans.pl
There are options at the bottom of the page to download the script in
plain text or original format (which actually is plain text).

I would run the script with the --dryrun option so you can see what it
plans on deleting before it actually does anything.