[mythtv-users] TV Out with Live TV

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 13 15:07:19 UTC 2008

On Friday 13 June 2008 15:42:41 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Saturday 14 June 2008 00:28:37 Mark Greenwood wrote:
> > >
> > > I think that's a problem with TwinView. Best performance is with 2
> > > separate Xscreens.
> >
> > Right thanks, that's helpful. Setting up 2 Xscreens is not something I've
> > done - how do you tell Myth which screen to use? Or is it just a case of
> > setting the TV to be the primary display?
>
> You can do it via the display variable, e.g
>   export DISPLAY=:0.1;
>   mythfrontend
>
> or just:
>   mythfrontend -display :0.1

OK thanks. I've managed to get 2 Xscreens up and running, sort of. I used Nvidia-settings to generate an xorg.conf and now I get both displays up and running but.... half the applications in my system tray don't start and I can't get the mouse to move to the second display (which is the TV).

I'm running KDE and compiz fusion. And thinking of it, the apps that don't start in the system tray are all KDE apps (Kopete, KMix, and KMail). Is there some KDE configuration I need to do as well?

Thanks,

Mark