[mythtv-users] Firewire and F8

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 12 23:27:11 UTC 2008

Mitch Gore wrote:
>     Yeah, re-enter them.  For the time being, perhaps just add the
>     firewire
>     connection to make things easy.  Also make sure the video sources are
>     assigned to the proper input connections. And attach the backend log
>     when you try to watch something on the firewire, that would help
>     figure
>     out the problem.
>     -Tim
>     --
OK, so I used the "Delete All Capture Cards" option and got everything
back.  Encoder 1 is my Analog portion of the pcHD5500, Encoder 2 is the
Digital portion, and Encoder 3 is the Firewire from my DCT-3412 STB.  I
have the Firewire setup to use Broadcast @ 100mbps.  However, there is
one strange thing that I can't seem to find an answer to:  when I switch
to a channel on Firewire, the audio is about 2 or 3 seconds ahead of the
video.  I tried searching Gossamer threads but didn't see anything,
although it IS possible that I missed it.

Any ideas?  I'm SOOOO close now! :-)