[mythtv-users] Digital Signal seems to weaken sometimes

David Schlenk mythtv at schdav.org
Thu Jun 12 19:00:58 UTC 2008

I get worse reception in the summer because the trees have this nasty
habit of growing leaves. I've tried to convince them to quit it but
its no use. I'm assuming its winterish in AU now but I don't know what
that means for the availability of leaves upon your trees. Is there
some other weather or atmospheric event that occurs around that time?
Do you have an odd neighbor with an intense antenna/satellite array on
his roof? Are you a criminal? Could a crack espionage team be bugging
your home?

The only other thing that comes to mind is dirty power. My tuners tend
to do strange things like stop recording sound or record blocky
recordings despite clean media input if they aren't getting clean
power. Might try a UPS or at least get something to monitor the
voltage running to the computer.