[mythtv-users] HD recording

Lists lists at murrell.ca
Thu Jun 12 18:22:39 UTC 2008

Hi Emery,

I'm also in Canada. Where did you get this analog cut off? The only
cutoff I heard is for OTA analog (2009 in US and 2011 in Canada).

OK, I must be misunderstanding.  I have seen these ads on TV a lot lately saying that all TV sets have to be digital-capable by February 2009, because the analog is getting stopped, but it may indeed mean just OTA (i.e., via antenna) broadcasts.  As long as analog signal will still be available via the cable company(ies), then I will be satisfied.

-Alan