[mythtv-users] OT: Motherboards with onboard nvidia and DVI output

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 15:51:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 5:25 AM, Damian <damian at gingermagic.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been looking at the
> ASUS M2N-VM DVI (GeForce7050PV + nForce630a Socket AM2 Motherboard), but
> have been put off it a bit for two reasons. Firstly, I'm reading about
> quite a few people having problems with the on board LAN. Secondly, I
> don't need microATX as I have a fairly big case, so maybe I should get a
> bigger board with more connectors?
> I'm struggling to find other boards with both onboard nvidia and DVI
> output though. Can any of you recommend others? I'm not too concerned
> whether it's AMD or intel based at the moment.

I've found the best boards HTPC use with things onboard are mATX, so
whether you care or not, odds are you'll end up getting an mATX. of
course, if you have room for a full ATX and for some reason need
something only a full ATX board can give you then throwing a PCIe
video card/etc in is probably not a concern either...

that said, I just built my bedroom frontend, specs are here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Steveadeff#Current_Bedroom_Frontend
EVGA 112-CK-NF77-A1  - LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce e-7150/630i HDMI Micro
ATX Intel Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188021

and the board has been GREAT to me so far.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!