[mythtv-users] Audio out of sync when playing back from DVD iso

Marc Christensen comments at mecworks.com
Wed Jun 11 23:12:31 UTC 2008

The setup is:

Hardware:

   2.8GHz Hyperthreaded w/4GB ram
   2 750GB SATA hardrives
   nVidia 6200
   HDHomeRun tuner

Software:
   OpenSuse 10.3 i586
   mythtv RPMs 0.21 from Packman

I have used ddrescue to get an ISO image from a couple of my DVDs on to
my hard drive.  MythDVD recognizes it and presents menus, etc.  I start
playing one of the DVDs from the image and the sound is out of sync.
I'm using mythtv to playback the DVD, not mplayer.

Frontend and backend are on the same machine.  The machine is not
recording when I try to play back a DVD from an iso image so, the
machine is idle apart from the playback.  I have an unencrypted DVD
which seems to play fine, the encrypted DVD image I have does not.  The
video quality on the unencrypted DVD is also lower quality IMO.

MythTV plays recorded HD and SD content just find and in sync, the DVDs
are not playing right.  Any suggestions?

--
Marc Christensen
http://blog.mecworks.com