[mythtv-users] 0.21-fixes frontend with pristine 0.21 backend

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 18:57:35 UTC 2008

On 11/06/2008, Marc Randolph <mrand at pobox.com> wrote:

>  But to answer your question directly, I believe the intent of each
>  -fixes branch is to hold steady at a particular protocol version.
>  You should be good to go.

The -fixes branches are (mostly) for fixing bugs, not backporting new
features from trunk which may require increasing the protocol, library
and/or database schema versions.

Newer versions of MythTV automatically determine whether they can run
within an existing MythTV setup, and will inform the user if they

Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: