[mythtv-users] Map Unavailable in Mythweather?

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 18:56:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 7:13 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Brad DerManouelian

>> Animated maps and most (if not all) of the static ones aren't listed
>> by zip/city. Leave the search box blank and search for everything.
>> You'll get a list of stuff by region of the US. Pick your region of
>> the US from the search results. Took me a while to figure that one
>> out. :)
>>
>> -Brad
>
> ah, thats the secret!
> I've added this bit if knowledge to the wiki.

The wiki already has some explanation to this effect.  Under the
heading 'Weather.com's Map Room' on the MythWeather wiki
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythWeather) it says this:

"Location searches look at the map name, so you'll probably want to
search for things like "radar", "doppler", "northeast", etc."

Enjoy!

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com