[mythtv-users] DirecTV D12 - WOOHOO!!!

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 04:36:12 UTC 2008

Well, I received 3 DirecTV D12NC-100 boxes today.  I purchased a couple of
Iogear USB to Serial adapters, and a 9 pin to 9 pin female to female null
modem adapter.

My backend recognized the adapter immediately.

I downloaded directv3.pl.

I just played with some commands directly (like ./directv3.pl port
/dev/ttyUSB0 setup_channel 8), and everything works PERFECTLY!!!  Turns box
on, changes channel and kills the on screen display instantly!

I really don't know who all is responsible for these pieces, but thank you
so much.  I'll be SO glad to be recording SVIDEO from DirecTV instead of
analog cable.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Loyal fan,

Trey