[mythtv-users] HD-PVR weirdness

Justin Kim justinlkim at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 02:53:26 UTC 2008

Mine can only capture at most ~30 seconds of HD before crashing and
requiring a restart.  SD doesn't seem to be a problem so far.  I've
done a little reading and this doesn't seem to be an unusual issue.
I suspect  lot of folks will be adding some improvised heat sinks and
fans to their setups.

Right now, I have mine turned off and surrounded by (sealed) ice
packs.  Once it's had a chance to ice down, I'm going to see if it'll
capture more than a few seconds of HD.

Another little oddity is that it won't work on my Macbook Pro when
booted off of my Bootcamp partition.  It will work in Paralells,
though.   I suspect some driver oddities in the bootcamp config which
probably aren't worth spending too much time on.

Justin