[mythtv-users] HD-PVR weirdness

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Tue Jun 10 02:26:22 UTC 2008

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32027&page=46&highlight=hauppauge+hd-pvr

is the last page of a long thread about the HD_PVR.
lots of heat problems in the first batch.
this is a sagetv forum though.
I have mine hooked to my mythtv machine buts it of
only so much use :(

Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net>, said on Mon Jun 09, 2008 [06:12:01 PM]:
} Hi all -
}
} I have had an HD-PVR now sitting on my USB bus for about a week.
}
} I have it set up now simply passing component video and audio to my HDTV
} (waiting for an optical audio cable for my receiver) from the STB.
}
} I have noticed that when I am watching the TV (not live TV through Myth)
} via the STB through the HD-PVR - if I change to an HD channel from an SD
} one, I lose the sound.  It doesn't happen EVERY time, but almost.  When
} this happens I need to power-cycle the HD-PVR to get the sound back.  If I
} then change to another HD channel, or switch back to an SD one, it does
} NOT lose the sound.
}
} I have also noted that the thing runs pretty warm - if I close the cabinet
} door, decreasing ventilation, I sometimes lose the picture, too - wonder
} if  they're just heat-sensitive, or whether this particular one is flawed.
}
} I have called Hauppauge tech support, and the tech I talked to wasn't very
} helpful, as he said I need to be running the Windoze app that came with
} the box in order to run any tests on it.
}
} I was just curious if anyone else on the list who has one of these has
} seen anything similar.  I suppose that if worst comes to worst I can bring
} in my dual-boot laptop and install their Winblows software on it to test
} the HD-PVR, but I'd rather not if I can avoid it... ;-)
}
} Thanks
} Bob
}
} --
} Bob Sully - Simi Valley, California, USA
} http://www.malibyte.net
} http://www.malibyte.com
}
} mythtv-users mailing list