[mythtv-users] recording from SCART

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 21:04:53 UTC 2008

> I seem to remember that it was actually electrically impossible to make a
> SCART adapter with S-Video input because the S-Video and the RGB signals
> actually share some pins.
> But who knows, maybe these guys figured it out... :-)

but if it's SCART to S-Video then you don't need the RGB.

...and this one looks even more likely to be what the OP needs, being
unidirectional in the correct direction

But I agree with you SCART causes as many problems as it solves.  As
far as I can tell a SCART interface may or may not include S-Video,
Composite, Component/RGB and may offer one or both directions.
Equipment and cable manufacturers can be a bit vague about what their
product actually supports.

The best think about SCART connectors is that they're very robust
(unlike S-Video).