[mythtv-users] Moving recording to Videos

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Jun 9 20:43:49 UTC 2008

Richard, I totally agree with you...there should be a way. While it can be
done, there is a little bit of setup.

One way is to use nuvexport, and set up a user job, where it transcodes the
recording into the video type of your choice, and have it saved into your
video directory.

That's the method I use now, and it was not too hard to setup.

So, once again, no automatic, built in way, but a pretty automatic way can
be done.
See here for more info: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=346778

As a linux newbie, I was able to get this installed and working in about an
hour. Now a days, I could probably do it in 5 minutes.

Just have your nuvexport output directory match your videos directory. Also,
I recommend using mencoder vs transcode (one of the settings) because
mencoder gives you better quality for the same file size (in my opinion at
least).
-Steve