[mythtv-users] Mytharchive/mythreplex errors
mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jun 9 18:06:30 UTC 2008
Mark J. Small wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> Like many other people, I've had problems with mytharchive since upgrading to
> 0.21. Specifically, I have the problem where mythreplex chokes when it is
> confused about audio streams. Here is an old thread that somebody else made:
> That thread references a Ubuntu forum where somebody posts a workaround:
> At the end of the thread, Paul H states that the problem is fixed in SVN.
> I'm using the debian-multimedia 0.21 packages for Debian Testing, and the
> problem still occurs.
> My Question:
> Can somebody (Paul H perhaps?) tell point me to the right commit that fixes
> this problem? That way I can patch up my mythburn.py file or perhaps
> encourage the debian-multimedia maintainer, wonderful fellow that he is, to
> include the fix.
Just to put the record straight you cannot blame me for this one the
problem is caused by changes in ffmpeg :-). Not for the first time they
made some changes that breaks things for a lot of people.
I didn't use the fix on the ubuntu forums because it only partly fixed
the problem, other parts of the script also needed changing for example
it would still pick the wrong streams if both mp2 and ac3 streams were
available. I decided the easiest way to fix it would be to modify
mytharchivehelper so it identifies the LIBA52 streams as AC3 which is
what the script expects them to be identified as. Unfortunately that
means it's not as simple as patching the script you will have to
recompile MythArchive. Probably better to persuade your package
maintainer to use the fixes branch and update at regular intervals.
If your still interested the commits are:-
For svn trunk
and for svn 0-21-fixes branch
More information about the mythtv-users