[mythtv-users] Sloooow database

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Mon Jun 9 16:37:34 UTC 2008

At 09:28 AM 6/9/2008, Curtis Stanford wrote:

>On 9-Jun-08, at 10:04 AM, Mache Creeger wrote:

>>>I'll try your settings and see what happens. I only have 512M but I
>>>don't think it's swapping much.
>>>
>>>Curtis
>>
>>Also,
>>
>>Set up a daily cron job to optimize the database.  Here is a copy
>>of what I do:
>>
>>#!/bin/sh
>># Optimize the database
>>OPT_MYTHDB='/usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.21/contrib/optimize_mythdb.pl'
>>LOG='/var/log/mythtv/optimize_mythdb.log'
>>echo "Started ${OPT_MYTHDB} on `date`" >> ${LOG}
>>${OPT_MYTHDB} >> ${LOG}
>>echo "Finished ${OPT_MYTHDB} on `date`" >> ${LOG}
>
>Yes, I already have a daily cron to do that and I've tried Brad's
>settings as well. No difference. I don't think my backend is
>underpowered. I remember back in the .12 days that it was lightning
>quick. I might try a database rebuild from scratch as my database
>has been around since Moses.
>
>Thanks for all the tips.
>
>Curtis

How about generating a backup and reloading it from the backup. That
may clean up some of the cruft.

Here is my backup script as well.

#!/bin/sh
#Dumps the mythconverg database - daily backup
DUMPFILE="mythdb_backup.bz2"
/usr/bin/mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -c | /usr/bin/bzip2
-cq9 > /opt/mythdb/$DUMPFILE
exit 0

-- Mache