[mythtv-users] MythTV on AppleTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jun 9 04:06:37 UTC 2008

On Jun 8, 2008, at 8:32 PM, robbinsck1 at gmail.com wrote:

> Awesome info everyone. Thanks!
> Bummer the tv I wanted to use it on doesn't have hdmi or component.

Apparently the green component output can also be used as a composite
video output. While using the Apple TV OS, all I could get out of it
was black & white, but maybe the nvidia drivers allow color?

> I ask this because I'm at wits end with this via board I'm trying to
> use as a fe. Its a 533mhz embedded processor and  512k ram.
>
> I've tried knoppix and it installs and opens mythtv but then says
> the backend server (mythbuntu 8.04) is using a different protocol
> and it won't work. Like 4.0 verses 3.1.

Since you can get that far you should go this route and then upgrade
to the latest frontend to it matches your backend version.