[mythtv-users] Problem compiling mythmusic with AAC support on Ubuntu 8.04

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 01:10:11 UTC 2008

I'm putting together a new frontend, using Ubuntu 8.04.  I'm installing from
svn (release-0-21-fixes) and am having a problem with mythmusic and aac
support.  Without aac, mythmusic (and everything else) works well.  When I
choose --enable-aac I'm getting an error:

aacdecoder.cpp: In member function 'bool aacDecoder::initializeMP4()':
aacdecoder.cpp:309: error: invalid conversion from 'long unsigned int*' to
'uint32_t*'
aacdecoder.cpp:309: error:   initialising argument 4 of 'int8_t
NeAACDecInit2(void*, unsigned char*, uint32_t, uint32_t*, uint8_t*)'
make[1]: *** [aacdecoder.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/nikos/release-0-21-fixes/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic'
make: *** [sub-mythmusic] Error 2

It appears there was a mythmusic compile error in trunk that got fixed in
16728, but I don't believe that should affects fixes (I tried manually
patching to use that change - and it didn't work)

I (believe) I've got all the libfaad and libfaac packages I need install -
and can't figure this one out.  On my Fedora 9 backend - mythmusic compiles
fine, so I have a feeling it's related to the Ubuntu packages.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Nick