[mythtv-users] MythTV on AppleTV

btsglw btsglw at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 14:06:25 UTC 2008

2008/6/8 btsglw <btsglw at gmail.com>:

> Hi Brad,
>
> I've just gone through this process myself.
>
> On the USB pendrive edit the file com.apple.Boot.plist and change
>
> <string>atv-boot=none video=vesafb</string>
>
> back to
>
> <string>atv-boot=auto video=vesafb</string>
>
> This will make the boot process search for grub on any installed disks
> and should load your installed distro.
>
> HTH
>
> Ver

I should have pointed out that I chose to install linux (in my case
Ubuntu) to the local hard disk by shrinking the media partition. In my
case the usb pendrive has to be plugged in to boot linux. If I remove
the pendrive the AppleTV boots to its normal OS.

I followed the instructions under:
Coexist on the internal disk and use a USB flash drive to bootstrap -
2) Use original internal disk and resize "Media" to make space for
Linux.  ( http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/wiki/AlternatePartitioning2
).

Once I made the change I sent in my earlier post, the AppleTV boots up
from the pendrive and then searches for any grub installations, finds
the one I created and then boots that.

Ver