[mythtv-users] LMSc

Pepijn Schmitz mythtv-users at chaos.demon.nl
Sun Jun 8 10:14:24 UTC 2008

What could cause the decryption of a channel to fail sometimes, but not 
always? I'm not using my old 0.20 database, I started with a fresh one. 
And I tried rescanning the channels, and the LMSc did seem to happen 
less frequently after that, but now it seems to be happening again just 
as much as before, so perhaps that was just a coincidence and the 
phenomenon just comes and goes.

How can I get some logging or debugging output that would help me find 
out *why* the channel is not being decrypted? What has changed in 
version 0.21 that could cause decrypting DVB-C channels to be so much 
more problematic than in version 0.20?

I'm also still curious what the M and the S stand for.

Kind regards,
Pepijn Schmitz

belcampo wrote:
> Pepijn Schmitz wrote:
>> I recently installed MythTV 0.21 on my Ubuntu Server 8.04. It has a 
>> TechnoTrend Budget C-1500 (DVB-C) card with a Multicrypt CAM which has 
>> worked perfectly with MythTV 0.20 on Fedora Core 5 so far, but now I'm 
>> having trouble.
>> Very often when tuning to a new channel when watching live TV I will get 
>> the letters LMS. which will after a few seconds turn into LMSc and then 
>> nothing more will happen. When it gets into this state it usually starts 
>> doing it for any channel I try to tune to, but when I try often enough 
>> it sometimes clears up and will tune to a channel it previously 
>> couldn't. If I restart the backend the situation usually clears up for a 
>> while (I can tune to a channel which wouldn't work before the restart).
>> This is annoying enough, but even more frustrating is that it also 
>> happens when recording scheduled programs! The symptom is that the 
>> recording appears to start fine, but when I try to start the recorded 
>> program in the frontend I get the message "the recorded file cannot be 
>> found" (I'm paraphrasing), and sure enough if I look in my recordings 
>> directory there is no corresponding mpg file and nothing has been 
>> recorded. (I don't actually know whether this is the same problem, but 
>> it does seem likely.) It does this about half the time, which is 
>> extremely frustrating. I've already missed many programs I would very 
>> much liked to have seen...
>> This didn't happen at all with version 0.20, recording scheduled 
>> programs was rock solid in that version, so it must have something to do 
>> with changes in version 0.21 (or possibly the OS since I also went from 
>> Fedora Core 5 to Ubuntu Server 8.04). I'm hoping the good people on this 
>> list can help me find out what's going on. I have a couple of specific 
>> questions:
>> * What does the C in LMSC stand for (for that matter, what do the other 
>> letters mean)?
> L Lock
>> * Why didn't version 0.20 have the C?
> c crypted NOT able to decrypt
> C crypted and able to decrypt
>> * Can I turn off whatever it is the C stands for? 0.20 didn't have it, 
>> and it also didn't have this problem, so apparently it's something I 
>> don't need and can cause problems.
> Yes you need it and can't be turned off
>> * What can I do to generate more debugging or logging information in 
>> order to investigate this problem further?
> Probably you used your .20 database which was upgraded to .21. 
> Rescanning your channels might improve matters.
> Another option is the .21-fixes version and also rescanning. With DVB-S 
> I also had these troubles.
> Henk Schoneveld
>> Kind regards,
>> Pepijn Schmitz
>> _______________________________________________
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20080608/ddbb08e5/attachment.htm 

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list