[mythtv-users] IR blaster missing the first digit

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 03:14:30 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 9:04 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> mythmail at gmail.com wrote:
>> Hello,
>>     I just set up an ir blaster from irblaster.info to change channels
>> on a digital cable STB, a motorolla DCT700.  I grabbed a perl script
>> to handle the channel changes (below).  Now lirc seems to be able to
>> send the signals, but whenever MythTV wants to change the channel it
>> seems to miss the first number, example just 6 + enter instead of 36
>> enter.  I've tried positioning the blaster all over the place, and it
>> will seem to work fine when testing with live TV, but then I'll leave
>> it alone and the same trouble starts all over again.  Has anybody else
>> had this sort of situation with their blaster?  Is this a problem with
>> the blaster, positioning, or channel change script?
> I know nothing about this, but:
> You might try a "sleep" before the first digit send, ie: before the
> system line in the change_channel subroutine.
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users

I just got a DCT700, and I ran into the same thing in doing some
testing.  I think the STB kind-of goes to sleep a little bit.  I
tweaked your script slightly by putting a couple SEND_ONCE ok/select's
at the top followed by a sleep 0.25.  This caused the STB to start
paying attention and it would then catch the first keypress.

If this is still an issue for you or someone else, maybe this will
help.   Also, much thanks for the channel change script.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list