[mythtv-users] HD HomeRun for sale.

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jun 5 18:58:53 UTC 2008

On Thursday 05 June 2008 12:42:37 Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> > I've heard that it's almost impossible to sell electronic gear on eBay
> > these days, because those scammers are so persistent.  The winning bid
> > is almost always a scammer, so you never end up actually selling the
> > item.  There was a guy on Consumerist a while back who complained he
> > relisted the same laptop three times and never did manage to have a
> > valid buyer put in the winning bid.

I've heard pretty much the same thing, the scammers have pretty much ruined
it. Basically the bad guys have a lot more time to invest than the casual
seller/ buyer.

> The point is that selling items on this list is not allowed. There are
> other places for that.

Quite correct, and a reasonable rule or this would turn into a swap shop. I'd
think that a quick reference to a for sale item, if part of a legitimate
thread (which the post in question was), along with a "contact me off list"
note might be OK if not abused, but I don't make the rules here.

I've also sometimes posted pointers to what seems to be a great vendor deal
that would be of interest to most folks here. I wouldn't do it unless it's a
REALLY good deal, and even then after serious thought.

beww