[mythtv-users] Firewire and F8

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 5 18:30:02 UTC 2008

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 20:26:09 -0400 Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net>
wrote:

> Tim Fenn wrote:
> >
> > I'm surprised no one has suggested trying to grab data off the
> > firewire using test-mpeg2:
> >
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/FireWire#Test-mpeg2
> >
> > Try that using either the broadcast or p2p setup, and see if you get
> > any data.  Once you get that working, then worry about the channel
> > changing and mythtv setup.
> >
> Thanks for the tip Tim.  I was able to use test-mpeg2 to capture a
> stream successfully, so I know my firewire is working properly.  I
> also used Michael's suggestion about removing the channel changing
> script from the Input connections in mythtv-setup, and that also
> worked.  If I go into Watch TV and tune to a firewire channel, the
> STB changes to that channel as Michael suggested.
>
> However, I get that "You should have gotten a channel lock by now"
> message.  I actually get this on my DVB portion stations of my
> pcHD5500 card too (on the OTA HD stations).  The analog V4L stations
> on that card give me nothing but snow.

"channel lock" issues should should only arise on your analog input
cards, not on the firewire.  You most likely just need to set your
channels up correctly.  I can't really help much here, its mostly a game
of setting up your antenna correctly, scanning for channels and
checking them.  Good luck!

-Tim

--
CAPS LOCK IS THE CRUISE CONTROL OF AWESOMNESS