[mythtv-users] Foresight Linux with MythTV?

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 15:59:21 UTC 2008

Is anyone using foresight linux with mythtv?  I just bought a KPC K-4500
machine from Newegg and I'm trying to get mythtv going on it as a
lightweight frontend.  I was able to get everything compiled but when I try
to setup myth using mythtv-setup I'm having problems with connecting to the
database:

QSQLDatabase warning :QMYSQL3 driver not loaded .
QSQLDatabase : Available drivers :

There are many threads of this error and most of them explain that you need
to install qt-mysql package. I think I specifically need the
libmysqlclient.so and whatever package that file comes in.  However, I've
been unable to find the package for foresight, I think the distribution is
too new.  I'd like to get it working with foresight but if I have to I'll
wipe it and go with something I know works.

Thanks,
-Greg