[mythtv-users] Is this a good system spec?

Todd D. Volz todd at stir.org
Thu Jun 5 14:43:11 UTC 2008

Allen Edwards wrote:

> *snip*
>

> > ASUS P1-AH2 AMD Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 2 x 240Pin GeForce 6150
> > Barebone - Retail
>
> Why do these companies insist on putting the digital out in such brain
> dead places? Come on, in front of the case??
> What do other users of this system do with S/PDIF? Is there a way to modify the box to get S\PDIF out to the back or at least to plug it in without leaving the front cover open?
>
> This box is perfect in all other ways and I am having trouble finding anything else the meets my requirement:
> SVideo, DVI, L+R, S\PDIF, and the usual KVM+USB
> Allen

GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H

If you want to roll your own, this MB has DVI, HDMI, VGA, firewire, and optical all on the back panel. This all being in a mini-atx form factor. Can be gotten for pretty inexpensivly also. However I do not run Linux on this MB, I am currently running Vista for one of my desktops.

Todd