[mythtv-users] How is my IR mapped to the keymap ?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 09:40:57 UTC 2008

On 04/06/2008, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/6/4 David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com>:
> >> For one I would like to be able to disable this number 5 being
> >> activated. Secondly I would  like to re-map remote presses from
> >> another remote to use with MythTV and this working IR receiver. Anyone
> >> ow where it is all controled ?
> >
> > See this thread for how to use lircrc to do the remapping.
> >
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/333858?search_string=Remotes;#333858
>
> As I understand, he has no lirc running. His remote control is being
> recognized as a keyboard and every buttons on the remote are working
> as a keyboard buttons. Is that right?
>
> If yes, you can use "xmodmap" to remap the buttons. See "man xmodmap"
> for details and a lot of examples.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat.

I use the lirc method and it works well with my DVB-T card.  One
advantage was I was able to use the existing .lircrc file from my
PVR350 system.  I just had to generate a new lircd.conf.

I don't know if the extra lirc process is particularly undesirable but
I would't have thought so, and it's never caused any problems for me.