[mythtv-users] Cheap UK frontend?

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 22:39:42 UTC 2008

Yes - no problem.  I bought an ATV in the US at an Apple store for $229, and
dual boot with Linux (I used Ubuntu because that's what the guide was
written for).  The Nvidia chip is more than happy being fed PAL material,
which was then connected to my LCD TV with a HDMI cable.

When using it in Apple mode - it also works just fine with PAL, and even in
the Apple setup menus you can choose 720p_50 or 720p_60 for example.  It
obviously will not play BBC HD.

Google atvbootlader.  The developer has done a lot of great work making it
pretty easy to use.