[mythtv-users] Problems with albumart in mythmusic

Christoffer Dahl Petersen duca at famdahl.dk
Tue Jun 3 20:48:19 UTC 2008

man, 02 06 2008 kl. 17:59 -0400, skrev Josh:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Christoffer Dahl Petersen
> <duca at famdahl.dk> wrote:
>         Hi Josh!
>
>         Which version are your libid3 (mine is 3.8.3)?
>         What type are you assigning the pictures in EasyTag (mine is
>         cover(front) - jpeg 135x135)?
>
>         Does anyone else experiences the same issue?
>

>         man, 02 06 2008 kl. 13:33 -0400, skrev Josh:
>
>         > On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 6:41 AM, Christoffer Dahl Petersen
>         > <duca at famdahl.dk> wrote:
>         >         Hi Phil!
>         >
>         >         Thanks for your reply.
>         >         Yes I have rescanned my music collection after added
>         album
>         >         art.
>         >         Reading the release note for .21
>         >
>         (http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.21#MythMusic) says:
>         >         * Added support for reading album art from ID3v2
>         tags.
>         >
>         >         So I'm wondering why it won't work for me?
>         >         Any help appreciated!
>         >
>         >         /Christoffer
>         >
>         >
>         >         søn, 01 06 2008 kl. 17:35 -0400, skrev Phil Bridges:
>         >
>         >         > On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Christoffer Dahl
>         Petersen
>         >         > <duca at famdahl.dk> wrote:
>         >         > > Hi!
>         >         > >
>         >         > > I'm currently using .21 of myth
>         (mythtv-0.21-187.fc8 on
>         >         fedora 8). Is it
>         >         > > correct that .21 should be able to read the
>         "albumart" in
>         >         mythmusic
>         >         > > through the id3v2 tag?
>         >         > > My problem is that it wont, I'm only getting a
>         '?' - but
>         >         if I play the
>         >         > > same song in eg. Amarok the cover is showing.
>         >         > >
>         >         > > Hope someone can point me in the right direction
>         >         > >
>         >         >
>         >         > I'm not sure if Myth can pull the albumart from
>         the id3 tag,
>         >         but have
>         >         > you re-scanned your music since you've added the
>         album art?
>         >         > _______________________________________________
>         >         > mythtv-users mailing list
>         >         > mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>         >         >
>         http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>         >
>         >         mythtv-users mailing list
>         >         mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>         >
>         http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>         >
>         >
> [...]

Hi!

I solved the issue, I scanned a empty directory so myth would remove
everything from the db, then re-added my music store and did a scan for
music again and voila the albumart is showing up.

I dont know if this is a feature or a bug but in my opinion mythmusic
would, when it is about to play a song, scan the id3 tag and if a image
is present it would show it - but that just my opinion :o)

Thanks for all the input.

Christoffer