[mythtv-users] Linux software raid question

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Tue Jun 3 18:23:17 UTC 2008

Matt Nelson wrote:
> Also since I love seeing how people are setting up their mythboxes,
> attached is a picture of the back of the myth backend server mentioned
> above.
>
> http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=05310720471ot5.jpg

Are those SATA cables or eSATA cables? They look like the former.

Might not be a problem for you, particularly if the link speed is
limited to 1.5G (you're unlikely to see any performance difference
between 1.5 and 3G anyway, unless all of your hardware is very
high-end). The cables aren't too long either.

I've got 6 drives in a storage cabinet, linked to the main box by means
of separate eSATA cables. Working great.