[mythtv-users] Linux software raid question

Matt Nelson matt at frozenatom.com
Tue Jun 3 15:34:00 UTC 2008

On one of my mythtv backend servers I host my fileserver that stores all of
my media on two raid5 sets totaling 12 drives that are all attached via
sata.  These are all attached externally, and that is where my question
lies, if I connect these drives incorrectly will my raid sets die, or does
it not matter where they are connected since there is some metadata that
tells the linux software raid that it belongs to a certain raid set?

Also since I love seeing how people are setting up their mythboxes, attached
is a picture of the back of the myth backend server mentioned above.

http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=05310720471ot5.jpg