[mythtv-users] HD-PVR. Anyone received one yet?

Ken Scales kscales at xplornet.com
Mon Jun 2 18:56:45 UTC 2008

Robert McNamara wrote:
> The devices are in Myth and driver developer hands, and there are some
> minor issues that need to be worked out before the driver can be
> released.  I wouldn't expect much "beta user" testing on the driver,
> it will most likely see outright release when the author feels
> comfortable with it.  There is heavy discussion on the problem in the
> IRC channel, and if you idle in there for a bit you'll understand what
> the holdup is.
As a former test manager from a software development team, I am very
much aware of the importance of early and independent testing to the
development of a quality release.

That said, I'll take your tip and start monitoring the IRC channel.
(Thanks! Didn't think of that forum.)
> I've received my HD-PVR, and I know that the Myth and linux
> development is all but done.  I understood when I preordered (in the
> first 30 minutes of preorders :) )  that it would likely take a tiny
> bit of time before it was ready to become my primary tuner.  The fact
> that the driver is as far along as it is is a huge testament to the
> driver's author and the assistance of Hauppauge, and I hope that we
> see people showing appropriate appreciation when everything is in good
> working order.  Which, by the by, should be very very soon.  Hang in
> there.

Couldn't agree more.
Cheers, Ken.