[mythtv-users] Firewire and F8

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 2 00:54:01 UTC 2008

Michael Jones wrote:
> On May 30, 2008, at 3:56 AM, Harry Devine wrote:
> Sorry, my description of the process probably wasn't complete..
>
> When I saw this problem I changed the permissions of the raw1394
> device, and then ran mythtv-setup again. Check your firewire input and
> make sure the configuration screen shows the actual id of the device.
>
> If it can't see the device there will be a pulldown menu that doesn't
> contain any data - if it can, there'll be a number in there: the ID of
> the device.
>
> After you have an ID number in the firewire input setup, then restart
> all backends on your system.
>
> Also, check the /var/log/mythtv/ directory for the backend logs.
>
> Hope this helps..
>

>> Thanks,
>> Harry

Would it help if I put up what the DB values are for the firewire card
via phpMyAdmin?  I can't get to my Myth box right now except via SSH.
My TV's DLP lamp blew and I won't have a new one for a few more days.
The need another adapter to connect my other LCD to it but don't have
one yet (long story; don't ask ;-) ).

Thanks,
Harry