[mythtv-users] Myth thinks capture cards are gone due to invalid SQL query

Doug Meredith doug.meredith at skyridge.com
Sun Jun 1 17:09:08 UTC 2008

This morning my backend died when I tried to go into live TV.  The log
shows a failed query of the table "cardinput" because a column
"childcardid" does not exist.

When I restart the backend it tells me (in the log) that there are no
valid tuner cards, so I ran mythtv-setup and pick capture cards.   The
console shows a failed query of table "capturecard" because column
"parented" does not exist

There are no errors in either the Linux message file or the MySQL log

It looks as if the Myth software is out of sync with the database
schema, but I don't see how this could be possible.  I haven't upgraded
the software (0.20.2) in months and nobody else would have done so.  All
of the Myth executables are dated 2007.  I've searched both google and
gossamer threads without any luck.  Any help would be very much