[mythtv-users] Is MythTV an open forwarder? (was Re: OT: Spam?]

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Thu Jul 31 15:16:35 UTC 2008

> The list doesn't hide email address in the archive?  That's kind of silly

 There are dozens of archives out there all archiving mythtv-* which
are not under the mythtv.org control, so your info is already available to
everyone who reads this list, including those other archive sites. In fact
the majority of users I would say use the gossamer and other archives
more than the crappy mailman archives :)

> Yes, yes, it's my fault.  I should have paid more attention before signing
> up.

 As a good default, follow the  ideal "If you don't want your email address
to become public don't post with it on a public mailing list or forum.
It doesn't matter if the official site hides the addresses because
that wont spot all of the others.